The Show Low Area - Our Community
Pine Vista Estates is located in the town of Show Low, high in the White Mountains of Arizona. Whether you are looking for a peaceful and clean environment to raise a family, a great place to retire, or a vacation retreat, Pine Vista Estates is the ideal spot to build your home. Ponderosa pine forests, majestic tall mountains, lakes and waterways abound in this stunningly beautiful area. The White Mountains of Northeast Arizona are set among the majestic Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest on the south, and the beautiful high desert plateau region to the north. Hundreds of miles of mountain trails, rivers and streams, dozens of lakes, and the diversity of the geography in this part of the state make for some of the best locations to camp, boat, fish, hunt, ski, hike, horseback ride, or bike.
You will find Show Low in the cool tall Ponderosa pines and white bark aspen, at an elevation of 6,412 feet, where summer temperatures average 86º F. Originally three separate communities sitting atop the legendary Mogollon Rim, Pinetop and Lakeside have merged into one and blended into Show Low.
Show Low is considered to be the commercial hub of the White Mountains, while Pinetop and Lakeside are resort communities. Golf at the nearby public and private courses, within minutes drive of the Pine Vista Estates sub division. Enjoy a wide variety of restaurants, unique shops, nearby casino, and vibrant nightlife, along with the convenience of professional and medical services as well as an airport nearby, offering daily flights to Phoenix.
With its pristine forests and rivers, expansive grasslands, and clean environment, the White Mountains are Arizona's best-kept secret ! Affordable Arizona land for sale is quickly disappearing, housing costs are still economical, and there is plenty of room to grow.
In the Show Low Pinetop-Lakeside Area
Year round recreation includes:
• Golfing at any of 6 public and private courses in the area
• Fish, swim and water ski at nearby lakes
• Miles of mountain trails for summer hiking, horseback riding and top line mountain biking
• First class ATV trail marked riding
• Ski in white powder at nearby slopes averaging 10,000 feet above sea level
• Snowmobiling, ice fishing and winter cross-country skiing
Local Conveniences and Amenities:
• Airport with daily flight service to Phoenix
• Hospital and Regional Medical Center, 911 emergency services, V.A. Clinic
• Professional services including medical, dental, legal, accounting, insurance, and real estate
• Restaurants, hotels, movie theaters and casino
• National retailers and regional stores including boutiques, antique stores, farmer’s markets and art galleries
• Vibrant night life, outdoor symphony and jazz concerts
• Car shows, arts & crafts fairs, food festivals and rodeos
“History of Show Low”
According to Legend, Show Low was named after a poker match where the stakes were a 100,000 acre ranch. After hours of playing with no end in sight, one player ended the contest by saying, "Show low and you win." One player produced the lowest possible card, the deuce of clubs, and won the ranch. The main street of Show Low is named "Deuce of Clubs" in remembrance.